General info for the exam
- The next exam in Structural Design I and Structural Design II will be held in August 2022.
- The examination takes 90 minutes.
- You will need:
- 2 sets of squares
- blue, red pen and green pens
- fountain pen / pencil
- The exam is offered in German and English.
- A target time for processing the individual tasks is indicated. The target time indicates the weighting of the respective tasks.
- Each task can be solved independently (for example, task 6 can be solved without the result of task 5).
- The approach must be comprehensible. Approach, constructions, and final results are evaluated.
- Maintain a clean and clear presentation. Color display and targeted designation of nodes contribute significantly to a better understanding.
- The scale of the force diagram is given in the relevant task as a suggestion.
Exam relevant content
- Approximately 30% of the exam is about general questions and calculations, approximately 70% of the exam is about structural drawings.
- For the solution of the general questions in the exam Structural Design I, the content of all lectures from Structural Design I is mainly relevant.
Lectures of Structural Design I
- For the solution of the general questions in the exam Structural Design II, the content of all lectures from Structural Design II is mainly relevant.
Lectures of Structural Design II
- For the solution of the drawings in the exam Structural Design I, the content of all exercises of Structural Design I is mainly relevant.
Exercises of Structural Design I
- For the solution of the drawings in the exam Structural Design II, the content of all exercises of Structural Design II is mainly relevant.
Exercises of Structural Design II
- Old exams serve as orientation and for further practice. Some contents from the old courses have changed / been added / removed. For example, "moments/bending" and "non-uniformly distributed loads" were not covered in the curriculum of FS21/HS21. These tasks can therefore be skipped in the old exams.
Colloquium and office hours
- The exam colloquium will take place on July 07, 2022, at 10.00 a.m. at ETH.
- Consultation hours are held online every Wednesday and at ETH on Thursdays.
- For further questions please contact email@example.com